Following are the aims and objectives of Urdu Science Board:
- To remove existing deficiencies in Urdu in the field of science, mathematics and technologies and develop and publish learning material for primary, secondary and higher secondary schools, literacy and adult literacy institutions as well as institutions of technologies.
- To develop and publish instructional material in Urdu for science, mathematics and technical subjects being taught in the teacher-training institutions of the country.
- To produce encyclopedias of science and technologies for use of individuals, schools, technical and other institutions.
- To collaborate with National Educational Equipment Centre for producing literature in Urdu for all the educational equipment being prepared by the Centre.
- To work in collaboration with all the organizations engaged in the promotion of science and technical education in Urdu in the country.
- To carry out such functions as assigned to it by the government.